Financial Support

Vocational and Further Education Loans & Funding

Financial Support

Vocational and Further Education Loans & Funding

Piggy bank on money

Students can receive financial support to cover tuition fees and maintenance (living expenses) towards their Vocational, CPD and Further Education in the UK.

There is a range of help sources available to fund Vocational, CPD and Further Education, including –

  • Government student loans
  • Scholarships
  • Grants and allowances
Financial Support

Home (UK) Students

You can get funding for Vocational, CPD and Further Education through loans, bursaries and grants – you might also get help from your employer.

Financial Support

If you are 16 or 17

If you are aged 16 or 17 you can study a further education (FE) course:

  • full-time at school or college
  • while at work

You may be able to get help with the costs of your course, day-to-day living costs, and childcare. Contact your school or local council to find out what’s on offer.

Depending on your circumstances and the subject you’re studying, you may qualify for:

If you are 19 or older

If you are 19 or older, depending on your circumstances and the subject you are studying, you may qualify for a loan to help with the costs of a college or training course – called an Advanced Learning Loan. How much you get depends on:

  • the type of course
  • your course fees
  • the maximum loan available for your course

The minimum loan you can get is £300 and is paid directly to your college or training provider.

How to apply

Apply online or by post:

You’ll get a letter confirming your loan – usually within 2 weeks if you apply online (postal applications take longer).

For more information, visit Further education courses and funding.

Scholarships, Grants and Allowances

In addition governmental student loan schemes, UK home students can also apply for financial support in terms of scholarships as well as some additional grants and allowances provided by the government and universities. Learn more about scholarships and grants using the link below –

Financial Support

EU Students

The Government has announced that EU students in 2019/20 academic years are eligible for financial support in England. Check the GOV.UK website for further information.

The Welsh Government has provided an update regarding student support arrangements for EU students entering education in Wales in 2019/20.

The Scottish Government has confirmed  student support arrangements for EU applicants entering education in Scotland in 2019/20.

The Northern Irish Government has confirmed the student support arrangements for EU students entering education in Northern Ireland in 2019/20. Visit the NI Direct website for more information.

EU and international students may also be able to find scholarships or bursaries.

Financial Support

Overseas Students

There are several resources of financial aids available for international students, but we can divide them into three main categories –

Student Loans

UK demonstrates a higher commitment to offering optimal conditions for study maintaining a rich scheme of student loans. But, if you are a non-EU student it’s unlikely you will find a student loan in UK granted by the governmental authorities.

The only option left to you is the academic institution of your choice. Academic institutions are allowed to establish their own student loan schemes for talented students, including those coming here from other countries than EU countries. For this, we highly suggest you contact your institution and see if they run a student loan scheme on their own and ask what are the terms and conditions.

A second chance for you can be the financial resources in your home country. Often education authorities support students abroad by awarding student loans or similar grants. If there are no funds you can ask private companies to provide funds to study in the UK while giving them something in reward. Commonly, such a reward can be a repayment with an interest rate or an agreement which obligates you to return home after graduation and work in that company for a certain time period.


Scholarships are a good resource for financial aid for international students in UK. There’s a wide range of them and chances are higher you are going to find something suitable. Look at scholarships page for more details –


Private grants

Aside from the scholarships and student loans, private grants are another alternative resource of financial aid for international students in the UK. Often there are companies or non-governmental organisations that are ready to finance your education in the UK.

You can contact them for these much-coveted funds either in the form of loans or charitable funds. If you take a loan you can sign a certain agreement that defines the time limit within which you must give your money back or the method how this is going to be done.

More often than not, companies are ready to help students in the UK under the condition that they will come back to work for them once they get their complete their course. In such a scenario, it’s a win-win situation for both of you: you get your study in the UK while the company hires an exceptional employee.

Admissions Department

Student Services
If you have any question or need help with admissions, then get in touch with us. We aim to support promptly.

Mon – Fri 9:00A.M. – 6:30P.M.

Quick Contact

WhatsApp: +447476872017

Get Admissions Support

We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Your privacy

Your privacy

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising.

To find out more, read our updated privacy policy and cookie policy.