Why Study in the UK!

Working After Studies

Why Study in the UK!

Working After Studies

Staff at work

There are many choices out there to international students who wish to stay and work within the UK after their studies.

In case you are considering staying and working within the UK after your studies, you may need to apply for a different visa category to your Tier4 student visa. You’ll be able to check whether or not you need a visa at UK Visas & Immigration .

New graduate immigration route

Two-year work visa for graduates

On 11 September 2019 the UK Government introduced the creation of a brand new graduate immigration route. The route will likely be open to international students who entered the UK within the academic year 2020/21 onwards and have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at reputable higher education institutions.

Successful candidates on this route will be able to stay and work, or search for work, within the UK for a maximum period of two years. Graduates may also be able to switch into skilled work visas as soon as they’ve discovered an acceptable job. 

The application process for the brand new immigration route will likely be printed soon. We are going to replace this web page as quickly as extra details are provided.

You can find out more details about working after your studies on the UKCISA website .

We are using cookies to give you the best experience. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in privacy settings.
AcceptPrivacy Settings


  • Your privacy

Your privacy

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you relevant advertising.

To find out more, read our updated privacy policy and cookie policy.